AD2 is water-based, has no odour and is certified as non-combustible and vapour permeable. It is a natural mineral and water-glass adhesive and free from any other co-binders such as solvents, acrylic, gypsum and cement. Use to repair and consolidate historic plasterwork or as a specialist adhesive.
View technical information about this product here. If you require any other information please contact us
Click on a button to download an associated document. The document will open in your web browser. To Download the document, 'right click and save to downloads.'DATA SHEET
Essential for all applications:
• Substrates must be clean and dry and free from any loose material prior to application.
• Test a small area for suitability with your specific materials before use*.
• Do not use on contaminated surfaces, extreme environments or in any unusual circumstances. Do not store or use in extremes of temperature (<5C or above 30C).
• Protect surrounding surfaces, particularly glass.
• Carefully prop up any sagging areas back to the correct position of secure any loose areas of plaster.
It is essential to ensure all areas of ceiling are gently held in their correct position prior to installation, but do not force plaster which could lead to further failure.
• Where there is severe sagging and cracking, or plaster that cannot be easily held in its proper location the method will need careful consideration. Please contact our technical team to discuss individual specification of larger areas so we can assist with a suitable method and system.
Penetrating Solution PS1 Application
• Apply with a brush or suitable spray applicator to the affected areas. Ensure a good coverage but do not saturate the area.
• Allow to dry 6-24 hours) before applying AD2 adhesive.
Adhesive (AD2) Application
• Re-mix before use.
• Apply in accordance with the method outlined in your individual specification.
• Allow to dry completely before further application, filling plastering or decoration. Drying time is 12-36hrs depending on temperature, substrate and type of application.
• Use Silic8 MF1 mineral filler or an appropriate vapour open filler for repairs to the plaster surface.
• Suitable vapour open plasters and mineral paints should be used.
• Wash splashes, tools and brushes with water.
• Dispose of all surplus material in accordance with your local regulations (EWC 06 02 99).
• Cleaned tins are 100% reusable and recyclable.