Solo Onecoat Lime Plaster
A one-coat lime plaster for interior use on masonry, undercoats and boards. Can be finished to a smooth surface suitable for decoration.
Developed to give a high quality finish, Lime Green Solo® onecoat lime plaster is a perfect labour and time saving interior lime plaster. Unlike standard lime plasters, Lime Green Solo doesn't always need an initial base coat.
Applied as normal, it can be finished in many different styles, from a smooth regular finish through to rustic or textured plaster finishes. With no waiting for a first coat to go off, this makes it faster to apply so more wall area can be completed in a day, making Solo Onecoat the perfect product, especially for smaller projects where it's not possible to use ‘waiting time' to work elsewhere.Find Supplier
View technical information about this product here. If you require any other information please contact us
Click on a button to download an associated document. The document will open in your web browser. To Download the document, 'right click and save to downloads.'Data Sheet
SOLO® Plaster can be used as a single coat on a wide range of indoor backgrounds, including paper faced plasterboard, masonry and Woodfibre insulation panels. For some backgrounds, like old masonry you may need an undercoat of Duro, or on waterproof building boards, or old but sound lime plaster, our brush-on Solo Primer. Whatever the background, we've taken the hard work out of it, so you won't have to worry about timescales and cost when choosing lime plaster.
Just as with our other lime plasters, Solo is highly permeable to water vapour and so allows moisture to escape, while also creating a healthier living environment. We mix high quality lime and carefully chosen proportions of low colour sand and chalk, ready in the bag, so all you have to do is just add water. A few minutes mixing using normal tools and Solo lime plaster will mix up to a creamy consistency, ready to go.
Solo can be used as a plain lime plaster for painting, but it is also very poplar as a textured, unpainted finish. Plasterers will find it easy to create modern textured finished, or a rustic look, using tools like sponge floats or wooden floats. It is a naturally off-white finish which can look much more matt than many paints. Scroll down to see some pictures of Solo in use.
- Woodfibre Insulation Boards: simply skim on Solo in 2 passes with mesh in between, around 10 mm thick.
- Plasterboard: standard (non-waterproof) paper faced plasterboards just need scrimming and a coat of about 3 mm.
- Waterproof Plasterboard: seal with an acrylic primer before applying a 3 mm skim of Solo.
- Building Boards: products like Fermacel or Mag Oxide will need a coat of Solo Primer before skimming.
- Lime Undercoats: just key up Ultra or Duro and leave to set, before applying a coat of Solo at 3 to 5 mm thick.
- Old lime plaster: if it is unpainted, apply Solo Primer first before skimming with Solo. Alternatively, Solo Filler can be used to replace both
SOLO is a registered trademark of Lime Green Products Limited