Our PS1 primer is a ready-to-use liquid designed to soak in and control suction in many backgrounds whilst still remaining breathable. PS1 can also be used to consolidate and stabilise problematic surfaces and backgrounds and provide additional bond strength before you apply the next coat. Unlike most primers, PS1 contains no plastics or resins; it is completely mineral, so you wont' smell any odours or breathe in any VOC's.
We know breathability is vital, so PS1 is independently tested for vapour diffusion to reassure you that water vapour will not be trapped in the fabric of your building.Find Supplier
View technical information about this product here. If you require any other information please contact us
Click on a button to download an associated document. The document will open in your web browser. To Download the document, 'right click and save to downloads.'MSDS
- Substrates must be clean and dry and free from any loose material prior to application.
- Test a small area for suitability with your specific materials before use*.
- Do not use on contaminated surfaces, extreme environments or in any unusual circumstances. Do not store or use in extremes of temperature (<5C or above 30C).
- Protect surrounding surfaces, particularly glass.
- Store in airtight containers and used within 12 months.
- Do not store, or use in temperatures <5C or above 30C.
- Apply with a broad brush or suitable spray applicator.
- The surface to be treated must be sound and dry.
- Where the surface is powdery or friable, work the primer in to the affected areas with a brush
- Silic8 vapour open primers (MPL1 or MPL2) are recommended prior to any new plaster application on problematic or highly adsorbent surfaces.
- Allow to cure for 2-24 hours depending on use, temperature and applied thickness.
- Appropriate vapour open plasters or adhesives can be applied at any point after 24 hours.
- Ensure other products are compatible and appropriate to the task.