Our PS2 primer is a concentrated liquid designed to soak in and reduce suction in many backgrounds whilst still remaining breathable. Penetrating solutions can also be used to consolidate and stabilise problematic surfaces and backgrounds and provide additional bond strength for the next coat. Unlike most primers, PS2 contains no plastics or emulsions; it is completely mineral so you wont' smell any odours or breathe in any VOC's.
We know breathability is vital, so PS2 is independently tested for vapour diffusion to reassure you that water vapour will not be trapped in the fabric of your building.
Some typical substrate types: Masonry backgrounds, magnesium silicate boards, historic or new plasters (lime, cement or gypsum), stone, wood, and wood type boards, terracotta and some ceramic tiles and paints. An in-house testing facility for bond strength is offered on request.Find Supplier
View technical information about this product here. If you require any other information please contact us
Click on a button to download an associated document. The document will open in your web browser. To Download the document, 'right click and save to downloads.'MSDS
- Substrates must be clean and dry and free from any loose material prior to application.
- Test a small area for suitability with your specific materials before use*.
- Do not use on contaminated surfaces, extreme environments or in any unusual circumstances. Do not store or use in extremes of temperature (<5C or above 30C).
- Protect surrounding surfaces, particularly glass.
- Store in airtight containers and used within 12 months.
- Do not store, or use in temperatures <5C or above 30C.
- Apply with a broad brush or suitable spray applicator.
- The surface to be treated must be sound and dry.
- Where the surface is powdery or friable, work the primer in to the affected areas with a brush
- Silic8 vapour open primers (MPL1 or MPL2) are recommended prior to any new plaster application on problematic or highly adsorbent surfaces.
- Allow to cure for 2-24 hours depending on use, temperature and applied thickness.
- Appropriate vapour open plasters or adhesives can be applied at any point after 24 hours.
- Ensure other products are compatible and appropriate to the task.
Test a small area for your coverage rates. On an even surface 50grams of PS1 will cover approx- imately 1m² (5.5kg will cover up to 110m ²). Allow more for uneven or highly absorbent surfaces.
- Allow to dry completely before further application, plaster coverings or decoration.
- Wash splashes, tools and brushes with water
- Dispose of all surplus material in accordance with your local regulations (EWC 06 02 99).
- Cleaned tins are 100% reusable and recyclable.