Silic8 Penetrating Primer
Our Silic8 Penetrating Primer is a ready-to-use mineral liquid designed to soak in and control suction in many backgrounds whilst still remaining breathable. Penetrating Primer can be used to consolidate and stabilise problematic surfaces, backgrounds and provide additional bond strength before you apply the next coat. Unlike most primers, Silic8 Penetrating Primer does not contain plastics or resins; it is completely mineral based, so you won't' smell any odours or breathe in any VOC's.
Lime Green know breathability is vital, so Silic8 Penetrating Primer is independently tested for vapour diffusion to reassure you that water vapour will not be trapped in the fabric of your building.Find Supplier
- Substrates must be clean, dry and free from any loose material prior to application.
- Test a small area for suitability with your specific materials before use*.
- Do not use on contaminated surfaces, extreme environments or in any unusual circumstances. Do not store or use in extremes of temperature (below 5C or above 30C).
- Protect surrounding surfaces, particularly glass.
- Store in airtight containers and used within 12 months.
- Do not store, or use in temperatures below 5C or above 30C.
- Apply with a broad brush or suitable spray applicator.
- The surface to be treated must be sound and dry.
- Where the surface is powdery or friable, work the primer in to the affected areas with a brush
- Silic8 vapour open primers (MPL1 or Solo Primer) are recommended prior to any new plaster application on problematic or highly adsorbent surfaces.
- Allow to cure for 2-24 hours depending on use, temperature and applied thickness.
- Appropriate vapour open plasters or adhesives can be applied at any point after 24 hours.
- Ensure other products are compatible and appropriate to the task.
For further information regarding Silic8 Penetrating Primer, get in touch with a member of the Lime Green team today.